Going Back To School: Tips For The Transition From Summer To Fall
We know that transitioning from summer back to school can be tough. You might be feeling excited, sad or anxious about going back to school. You might feel like you’re not ready for the new year yet, or you may even just be feeling plain old nervous.
That’s totally normal! It’s tough going back to school after a long summer of having a different structure in your life. But we’re here to remind you that you’re not alone in how you’re feeling right now, so don’t let those feelings get the best of you. Here are some tips on how to deal with those difficult emotions:
Control what you can:
- We can’t control school starting again. So think of what you can control.
Enjoy the days you have left
- Make a small bucket list of things you want to do before school starts again
Back to school shopping
- Get what you want for back to school – you can pick the color notebook you want, get fun colored pens, maybe get a first day of school outfit.
Schedule + Routine
- If waking up early is something you’re worried about start waking up a little earlier each week to help your body get into the routine of school times
- Create a night time and morning routine
UpStreet is a mental wellness program that offers free drop-in consultations with therapists, scheduled therapy appointments, text-based peer support, and support groups for teens ages 12-22. UpStreet aims to reduce the stigma of seeking mental health support, to avoid escalation of symptoms to a crisis stage, and enhance teens’ quality of life. Reach out to an UpStreet team member now using the chat bot located at the bottom of the page.